Thursday, July 17, 2014

Kitchen Transformation.....

I recently decided to change the colour of my kitchen decor from blue to red. I had blue blinds up for the past 15 years and just couldn't bear to look at them any longer, so donated them to a dear friend as they were still in good 'nick'! I felt like a combination of cafe' curtains combined with blinds, so toddled off to our local Indian fabric supplier and purchased a few metres of red gingham and got stuck into my sewing machine! 
Am quite thrilled with the end result. What do you think?







I had this vintage lace shawl which i decided to hang in the corner window. I quite like the effect it creates!


BEFORE :



AFTER:
The blinds...


 Hope to see you tomorrow for more of the smaller items I added to my 'new kitchen.'
Thanks for stopping by.








1 comment:

  1. I loved seeing the red curtains on my visit - they are so pretty & homely xx

    ReplyDelete