Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Star Quilt...

Finally I have my American Star Quilt to show you all. After our visit to the USA I felt that I just HAD TO make a quilt that reminded me of our trip there! The fabrics are reproductions from the 2nd World War and are direct copies of old designs and patterns. Some of them are called 'Old Glory Gatherings' by Primitive Gatherings by Moda. I must say I enjoyed making this quilt; from the selection of the fabrics to the cutting out and piecing together. My dear friend Tiki Brophy initially showed me how to cut and join the pieces together and then I just carried on from there.

So I hope you enjoy as much as I did making it and then photographing it. It's so much fun and so rewarding taking the photographs. One feels like a child playing "Housie House"!!






I have just finished adding this on to the back of hubby's quilt!



























........and here she is...... what do you think? 



Until we meet again tomorrow or the next day. I have started hand quilting my next quilt!
Will give a preview sometime soon!

Please leave a comment. I would love to hear what you think about my quilt. Thankyou. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment