Thursday, April 26, 2018

                                       keeping busy....

Hello again! Am I happy that we are having another loooonnngg weekend???? ..... Oh yessssss!
Unless you are a teacher (in a public school) You have NO IDEA how demanding it is!  You have no idea how tiring it is being 10 steps ahead of your learners, trying to accommodate each one's demands, personality traits and trying to mould them into better human beings. Don't make a mistake.... I love children and seeing how they grow once they understand a new concept and how to apply it to their lives and schoolwork. BUT the red tape and paperwork is such a pain and time-consuming!

Anyway i lose myself in my hobbies, friends and family. My hobbies bring me a wonderful sense of accomplishment and peace. I have absolute freedom doing what I enjoy so much!

One of my passions is crocheting. I am not a 'pro', but I love learning new stitches and patterns. I love playing with colour and looking at nature and seeing how God is such an artist and places colour in the perfect place. We can just observe and try follow His example.

A dear friend, the late Petro Nel taught a group of us the "Babette Blanket", by Kathy Merrick. Originally published in "Interweave Crochet", Spring 2006. It remains one of my favourites and takes pride on my bed in winter. I used 6 x colours of Pullskein double knit and a no.4.5 mm crochet hook.








I found this pic in my folder of a different version of beautiful colour, but unfortunately cannot remember where it comes from. Sorry!



So, stay warm and keep those hands busy. Take care and chat tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment