Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Sunset on the harbour...

I cannot wait to share some of my favourite photographs with you.  I hope you love the pics as much as I do. Please drop me a line and comment. I would appreciate it tremendously!

We spent many hours walking around the harbour taking as many photographs as we could; testing the light with my camera and waiting for sunset. I am overjoyed at the results of the light and reflection on the water. This is quite a busy harbour considering its small size. How fortunate we are that we have access to these beautiful tourist destination spots - The Garden Route, Cape Town etc. and when the wind starts blowing gales, we have the privelege of turning the car around and head back through the mountains to the Karoo which is only about 2 1/2 hrs away. So I think we have the best of both worlds... come to think of it!











This is probably one of my favourite photographs! See the small tug boat alongside -( in the centre of the photo).






Close up...



...Now the tug boat is moving away.... towards the right...
The seagulls were busy because visitors were feeding them from the wall where I was standing.









I just love this photograph as well






Now the sun is moving down rapidly.....






I was leaning too far over, which seems like the boat is moving downhill! Ha ha! So easy to do!
But I inserted this pic for the dim light.



....almost dark now!



Zoom lens to have a close up peep at the galley.



This was the last clear photograph of the busy harbour at night, before we moved off to enjoy our own dinner at one of the famous fish restaurants Mossel Bay has to offer!



Thanks for visiting! Have a lovely day!

No comments:

Post a Comment